Saturday, September 10, 2005

Sharing too Much?

Sharing too Much?

Outside another Starbucks (I really should buy stock) @ 7:30am Sat morning. Going riding with J whenever the lazy SOB gets out of bed.

There's a guy pacing around out here, almost screaming into his cel phone, ranting and raving about some friend of his who doesn't work, is lazy, stupid, inconsiderate and rude.

Now, the guy doing the yelling is a 50-ish, short, dumpy "typical New York Jewish Guy". He's wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs hockey t shirt, dress shorts, beat up sneakers and - the piece de resistance - BLACK SOCKS. *Complete* fashion victim.

After 15 mins of the friend rant, now he's on about college football. In particular, how much he lost (about $5000!) on the Pitt-Ohio game last night (my condolences, Steve M!).

OK....I know *way* too much about this guy! why the hell do people think it's alright to have these kinds of conversations, not just in public, but at *volume*!!

Sigh.......

3 Comments:

Blogger Maug said...

For some reason, people think that there is a magical "Get Smart" Cone of SIlence that hovers over them while on the phone. To all of the people who think that YOU ARE VERY FREAKING WRONG SO KEEP IT DOWN! (Did i say that too loud?)

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stand listening to people on their cellphones either. I like my cellphone. I use it a lot but I think I do so descretly. I am acutely aware that there are people around me listening to what I have to say, whether they like it or not.

Alas, others do not feel that way, including my cousin who was sandwiched between me and my husband in the back of a car and decided not only to talk loudly to her friend that called up but also spontaneously sing happy birthday. This was annoying enough for me but my husband happened to be taking an important work call as he was on call as IT support. Grrrr!!!! And she is my family!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Trash Talk said...

"And she is my family!"

That just means it's more emotionally difficult (but not impossible) to kill her and hide the body next to the road. :)

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home